Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Ta-Ta's will once again be walking the walk

Hello my friends,

I hope this finds you all healthy and having a wonderful year.
Last years walk was a personal best for me. I completed all 39 miles for the first time. It was difficult and tiring and painful and totally amazing. I could not have done it without the support of each and every one of you. I met some wonderful people and together we raised 8.4 million dollars. The highlight of the weekend was closing ceremonies when the Avon Foundation ambassador Reese Witherspoon was there to give the money to the hospitals and organizations that benefited from our efforts.

Breast cancer is still out there, so once again I will be tying on my shoes and walking with my team in October. I am proud to say that my daughter Maggie will be walking with us this year. She has committed to raising the $1,800 required to participate in the walk. It is quite a task for a 16 year old and we are very proud of her.

I am so grateful for all the help you have given me these past years. I know your commitment to fighting this disease in all it's forms is as strong as mine. Your generosity has been much appreciated. But once again I must ask for both your moral and your financial support. Remember to make your tax deductible donation by check to the "Avon Walk For Breast Cancer" or by going to our team page info.avonfoundation.org/goto/sisterhood
Together, we can make a difference. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and my feet .
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment